My Banner

My Banner
Fire Your Boss Today

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Country Fried Catfish Fiddlers at it's best!

I'm so elated to give you guys this wonderful recipe for a whole fried catfish, which is called a catfish fiddler. Remember fiddler's are about a couple of pounds in weight, so don't over do it with the big size catfish. Although this recipe probably could work for it, so if you prefer the bigger catch then by all means go for it! First thing you need is about 2 to 5 two pound whole catfish fiddler's, about two cups of yellow cornmeal or white if that's what works for you, a big deep frying skillet and some good old fashion lard. Place the cornmeal in a nice round bowl that'll hold at least one fiddler at a time. Add garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper and a good creole seasoning, remember always taste your seasonings to come up with the taste that you're looking for. Mix all the seasonings with the cornmeal and stir until it's combined thoroughly, turn skillet with oil on a medium setting, let heat up for about 5 to 7 minutes making sure it's hot enough to cook the fish in,and then place fish in skillet gently. When coating the fish, roll around making sure that the fish is heavily coated with cornmeal seasoning and cook for about 10 minutes on each side at a medium heat. Then place a top on the skillet after placing the fish in the oil, this helps the fish to cooked all the way through. Let simmer for 10 minutes before turning over. Fish is done when each side have a crispy golden brown coloring. Now when I cook my fiddler's I love them crispy so I cook them about an extra 2 to 5 minutes on each side, making my fish simply irresistible. Please let me know how this mouth watering recipe turned out for you, because it always turns out great for me! Enjoy my wonderful recipe and make sure you share some with friends or family they will be so happy that you  invited them for this mouth watering fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment